Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:07:30 +1100

Hi folks,

Not ever meaning to offend anybody on the list. When I said it was amusing, sarcasm was far from my mind (although I confess it reads that way due to my poor _expression_, for which I offer my apologies). What I failed to say is that I really did find it funny. because suddenly everybody wanted lots of addenda and additions to the Point and Click doco I and I saw myself having to work for months on such a project, and I giggled at the amount of work I had created for myself unwittingly. Amusing was the wrong word. I probably mean fascinating, because it shows there is certainly a strong demand for this sort of doco that does not quite fit as terse reference material in the NR, and it's not quite right for the Usage manual either. Still looking to find a suitable, highly accessible location for it.

While on this, it's interesting that Ubuntu under the Windows subsystem is slightly different. I wonder what version of Ubuntu you were using? Maybe this brief set of instructions in this thread that I put together could form a more generalised sort of HOWTO document, something that the lilypond ecosystem does not really have many of at present.

Andrew