Re: Tangled up in Lilypond syntax

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Tangled up in Lilypond syntax
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 12:38:03 -0500

Tim,

Slight amendation of Mark's suggestion. Since you're doing a vocal composition, to keep lyrics applied into this temporary poloyphonic context, use this syntax:

<< { \voiceOne } \\
\new Voice { \voiceTwo { } }
>> \oneVoice

Lyrics set to the voice will carry into the temporary polyphonic context { \voiceOne } and then should continue after the \oneVoice. But note that use of slurs will break the lyrics placement so you may need to include \skip1 in your lyrics to shift the lyric syllables to the proper note location.

Regards,

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden