Re: Tangled up in Lilypond syntax

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Tangled up in Lilypond syntax
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:46:59 -0500

And since we're talking about temporary polyphonic contexts (TPC) there are a few other things, like lyrics, that don't work in to and out of them. Mostly multi-note events like slurs, crescendos, etc. You cannot start them outside a TPC and conclude them inside one, or start them inside a TPC and conclude them outside one. If you need to use them, extend the measures in your TPC. This will produce stems/beams you may dislike but judicious use of "s" can fix that. Well, that's the only way I know how to use them. More experienced folks on this list may use other methods.

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden