Re: Dynamics offset suddenly changes

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Dynamics offset suddenly changes
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 00:30:36 +1100

Hi David,

What I mean is that I thought alterBroken just affected the single shot hairpin (wrong). In my score I have about 200 pages where there are hairpins ending on dynamics on the next page, and after the erroneous call to \alterBroken to adjust Y-offset, only some hairpins 80 pages or so away were affected (and no wonder I had forgotten about the alterBroken in the meantime).

It's not a suspect, it's the perpetrator beyond doubt. The issue is resolved for my practical purposes, but I still wonder is this is a bug. Maybe I can cook up an MWE now.

Andrew

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 00:16, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 8:07 AM Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Aha! But it's funny that it only affects some down the line, with many of the same case not being affected.
>
> Andrew

I'm not clear what you mean here.  But, if you suspect \alterBroken,
you could retool the code given at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/extending/difficult-tweaks
to suit your Hairpins.  This "difficult tweak," after all, is the
technique that \alterBroken elaborates on.