Re: Dynamics offset suddenly changes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Dynamics offset suddenly changes
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 12:05:34 +0100

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thank you for looking into this. As mentioned in my original post, I am not
> using a Dynamics context as this New Complexity score is very, very complex
> rhythmically, and it would tale a month to go back and figure out all the
> spacer rests to use a dynamics context. I'd rather not do that, but I can
> see where this is going.

You can just use the same content but remove the pertinent engravers for
dynamics in your main staves and just use the dynamics-relevant
engravers in the dynamics staff.

> This was all fine until the score reached a certain number of pages. I
> suppose I can go chopping pages out to see what may be going on
> there. I tried 2.19.82 and 2.19.83, so I don't think there is an issue
> with the version.
>
> I mention again that this started happening as the score grew large,
> making me think there is some kind of memory management issue lurking
> around. I am completely unable to prove this.

That may well be, and using a Dynamics context is likely to change
behavior (whether for the better or the worse is a matter of luck, but
if you start out bad, where else would you have to go?) since it is an
invasive restructuring of content.

--
David Kastrup