Re: [OLL] Setting up options for local package

From: Pedro Pessoa
Subject: Re: [OLL] Setting up options for local package
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 23:30:13 -0300

The ideia for the "local" package is to make a clear distinctions between remote and local files. Like so:

[ root ]
|- - oll-core
|- - edition-engraver
|- - lalily-templates
|- - ... etc
|- - [ local ]
    |- - common (shared functions for local packages)
    |- - lalily-templates (user extended files)
    |- - drum-styles
    |- - ... etc

I'm not sure if it is a good idea yet, I'm not the best folder architect.
At first I created 'local' to store some extented files for lalily-templates that I didn't wanted to put in the main folder.
At this point I wasn't even trying to use it as a package.
Then I thought I could move all my messy stuff (that were in the same level as 'root') into it and enjoy package niceties, without messing with real packages.

About the options issue, it may be unrelated, but I also noticed I may have not "installed" it 100% properly.
In the 'package.ily' of "local", I tried using something like " \loadModule local.common ", but it would raise a clueless error.
In my 'test.ly' file I could load the same module with no errors.
If there is some kinda of instructions on how to structure a package I could check myself if I followed the right track.

-- Pessoa

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:17 PM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Pedro,

Am 30. März 2019 23:45:07 MEZ schrieb Pedro Pessoa <address@hidden>:
>Hello,
>I'm trying to use OLL infrastructure to organize my local toolset. I'm
>mostly trying to mimic the structure of other packages and modules.
>I've an
>aparently working package called 'local', where I intend to put all my
>personal tools as modules/submodules.

You may be surprised but I've never read from someone actually doing this - although it's exactly how it was intended.
I would just recommend using a more specific name than "local".

>I'm currently having an apparently simple problem dealing with options.
>The option I set on the loadPackage or loadModule "\with" does not take
>precedence over the value used in register the options.
>
>Eg:
>%%% file: local/package.ily
>
>\include "oll-core/package.ily"
>\registerOption local.option "A"
>#(display (getOption '(local option)))
>
>%%% end
>
>%%% file: whatever/project.ly
>
>\include "oll-core/package.ily"
>\loadPackage \with {
>       option = "B"
>} local
>
>%%% end
>
>-- Outputs: "A"
>

>I've came up with a workaround, but then I tought that is most likely I
>just
>don't know how to proper handle it. "\registerDefaultOpt" is a simple
>function that only register the value if the option is unregistered.
>
>%%% file: local/package.ily
>
>\include "oll-core/package.ily"
>\registerDefaultOpt local.option "A"
>#(display (getOption '(local option)))
>
>%%% end
>
>%%% file: whatever/project.ly
>
>\include "oll-core/package.ily"
>\registerOption local.option "B"
>\loadPackage local
>
>%%% end
>
>-- Outputs: "B"
>

>So the question is: how to properly handle this?

I'll look into it (but not tonight). Right now I can't tell if you are dealing with a limitation I still have to remove.

Urs