Re: Scoped variables

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Scoped variables
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 06:06:55 -0500

Hi Peter,

> If a publisher wanted to collect Mr. Lanfear's string quartets (assuming that
> he has written more than one) into a single volume, the Lilypond code would
> have to be changed to rename all of the variables to something like QiIViolinI

In the engraving of my larger works (operas, musicals, multi-movement concert
works, etc.), I’ve done exactly that. It’s only a small bit of extra effort.

> Now you can have a directory/file structure like:
>
> Book
>   Book.ly
>   Quartet1
>     Movement1
>       Score.ly
>       Violin1.ly
>     Movement2
>       Score.ly
>
> etc.

Have you looked at Jan-Peter’s templating system (cf.
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/07/trees-music-and-lilypond/ and other links)? I
think it does exactly what you’re talking about.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

kierencom
‣ email: address@hidden