Re: Words under notes with dashed slur

From: kieren_macmillan kieren_macmillan
Subject: Re: Words under notes with dashed slur
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:06:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Peter,

> I am trying to do a single-stave (voice) score with words in two
> languages. In one measure, I have a dotted crochet tied to a quaver with
> a dashed slur because it is sung to two syllables in one language but
> only one syllable in the other language.

There are several ways of accomplishing what you want. Perhaps the simplest to
understand is this one:

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS  %%%%
\version "2.19.83"

thenotes = { \once \phrasingSlurDashed c''4.\( 8\) }

onesyllable = \lyricmode { six \markup \null }
twosyllables = \lyricmode { sev -- en }

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \new Voice \thenotes