Re: Specifying \language for a single book

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Specifying \language for a single book
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:33:15 -0700 (MST)

Hi Sandro,

Sandro Santilli-2 wrote
> One musician I play with prefers reading DO RE MI FA
> as chord symbols, but the rest of use still want C D E F...

the \language command is used to tell LilyPond what notes (or chord roots)
you want.
To control the way LilyPond displays them, you might need commands like
\italianChords, \germanChords etc.:

\version "2.19.83"

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode { c1 a:m f g }
  \new ChordNames \chordmode { \italianChords c1 a:m f g }
  \new Staff { \clef bass c1 a f g }

Does that help?

Cheers,
Klaus