Re: Lilypond 64-bit binaries

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: Lilypond 64-bit binaries
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 13:20:56 -0400

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 1:17 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]

The Guile team won't bother about Guile 1.8,

In fact, they said they’d try to help, though I don’t expect much.

and Guile 2.x (apart from
the command line executable) does not run reliably with 2.20.0 (and with
awful performance) and still has significant problems with 2.21.0 to
come.

So which version of libguile are you building with?

1.8.  I know it’s obsolete, but I thought it was the only version that worked decently with LilyPond.  Am I wrong?

(The fact that we’re using such outdated dependencies worries me for precisely the reason that it’s hard to get support for them if something goes wrong.)

--
David Kastrup

Best,
--