Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment

From: Randy Josleyn
Subject: Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 10:36:00 +0800

Here's something I cooked up that works for me, though I'm not an avid user:

* vis text editor
* abduco + dvtm for arranging terminal windows and attach/detach
* entr for watching files [2]
* redo for building PDFs [1]
* mupdf
* —and dwm on Arch Linux for tiling all my windows

Probably not the most efficient, but mupdf reloads the document on HUP signal, so I put that in my build script to see the result whenever I save.

I use a similar setup for pretty much everything else (finances, web dev, even at my job as a teacher).

[1]: http://news.dieweltistgarnichtso.net/bin/redo-sh.html
[2]: https://github.com/eradman/entr

(No pun intended)