Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment

From: Cam
Subject: Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 16:38:02 -0300

Well, since you ask: I use Lilypond for generating MIDI backing tracks for use by a
blues/rockabilly band. The plot is to use Lilypond, which I call from inside an
application written in Python, to create little snippets of MIDI - typically one or two
bars but occasionally as many as eight - which are then glued together by the Python
program to create one or more MIDI tracks. So in this case Lilypond is but one piece of a
much larger puzzle, and the engraving is but a pleasant side-effect. Actual entry of the
Lilypond source text is done from within the Python program using the TKinter
"Text" widget. Works quite well, but probably not the use envisioned by the
original authors of Lilypond.

Cheers

Cam