lily jazz

From: Jeff Knox
Subject: lily jazz
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:18:56 -0400

Hello All:
I recently installed LilyPond 2.20.0 and it seems to be working well with the default font. However, I'd like to use the lily jazz and chord fonts and style sheet and have downloaded the .otf files and .ily files to do so ... but where do they go?

I put the otf files here:
Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf

and the ily files here:
Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly

I chose these locations because the error message i get on compiling a simple .ly file gives them as "search paths" (among others). Obviously, the wrong locations as I get a message: "cannot find file: 'lily jazz.ily"

Nice that LilyPond is robust enough to spit out the pdf in default font, as if to say: "just use the fonts everybody else uses kid, everything will be OK".

using a Mac BTW.

Curious that the archives show no discussion after 2014?

Any help?

Regards, JeffK