Re: lily jazz

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lily jazz
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:19:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020, Jeff Knox wrote:

2) I copied and pasted the .ily files into separate text files (couldn't see
any way to download or install them directly from GitHub)

Obvious: Click on the button on the Git page "clone or download" --> "download zip" and you get all the files?

and saved those in the /otf directory ... are the .ily files something more than just text?

.ily files are no otf files, they are lilypond code files. I have copied them on my Linux system to /usr/share/lilypond/2.20/ly. So on your system copy them to the "ly" folder not the "fonts" folder in your ..../lilypond/current/

MT