Re: SVG style and contributing barrier to entry

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: SVG style and contributing barrier to entry
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 14:34:48 +0000

On 4/16/20, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, you just *did* submit a patch, and I'm going it to apply soon.

Indeed; initiating, or taking part in, discussions on some of our
mailing lists (or forums) is a pretty easily-achievable first step.
LilyPond (like most Free Software projects, and perhaps even more so)
is a community-driven process where there’s no distinction whatsoever
between users and contributors, and where the former are warmly
encouraged to act as the latter whenever they feel like it. (In this
regard however, Patrice’s referring to messages from the bug list as
`spam’ does make me feel a bit uncomfortable.)

Patrice, since you appear to speak French and to possibly be looking
for a lower-volume LilyPond mailing list, I’d be remiss in not
reminding you about our French-speaking list, where you’d be happily
welcome to post any questions, answers, suggestions or contributions
to both the program and its documentation: