Re: SVG style and contributing barrier to entry

From: lilypond . wayne
Subject: Re: SVG style and contributing barrier to entry
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 00:19:57 -0400

LilyPond […] is a community-driven process where there’s no distinction whatsoever between users and contributors […] (In this regard however, Patrice’s referring to messages from the bug list as `spam’ does make me feel a bit uncomfortable.)

By “spam” I thought it was clear from the context that I meant “other bug reports I have no obvious use for”. I don't think most end users want to have their inboxes filled will random bug reports. No matter what, I've since learned that I can post to the bug mailling list without membership, which floats my boat.

Patrice, since you appear to speak French and to possibly be looking for a lower-volume LilyPond mailing list, I’d be remiss in not reminding you about our French-speaking list,

Don't misread me: I'm not complaining about the volume of the LilyPond mailing list at all; I'm quite happy in fact that so many people use and discuss it. And amazed that there always seems to be someone ready to help with a workaround when a weird case is encountered.

(And yes, French's my first language, before Logo.)

· Patrice Levesque
· http://ptaff.ca/
· address@hidden