Re: Search inside LilyPond

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Search inside LilyPond
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:46:22 -0500

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:56 AM Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:

> Freeman see below...
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 8:52 PM Freeman Gilmore <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> David:
>> Sorry but i am lost, I do not understand how to get to the file were,
>> \makamGlyphs is define with this.
>> Thank you, ƒg
>

> On a Windows machine your path is (most likely)...
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly

I would suggest using some sort of text editor.  For example,
Notepad++ is easy to install and use on a Windows machine.  You can
open the folder Adam is pointing you to with "folder as workspace" and
easily search and navigate.  I would suggest that you also open
C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\scm since
there will no doubt be relevant materials there, too.

The function you mention elsewhere (ly:parser-set-note-names) is
written in C++, and the source isn't going to be on your computer with
just an install.  To examine and work with this code, I've got a
virtual machine set up.  (See the Contributor's Manual for
instructions.  This may be farther than you intend to go!  You can do
plenty with just ly and scm files.)

Hope this is helpful,

David