Re: Search inside LilyPond

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: Search inside LilyPond
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:52:45 -0400

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:56 AM Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:
Freeman see below...

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 8:52 PM Freeman Gilmore <address@hidden> wrote:
David:
Sorry but i am lost, I do not understand how to get to the file were, \makamGlyphs is define with this.
Thank you, ƒg

On a Windows machine your path is (most likely)...

C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly

to find makam.ly

I would like to ask however, are you having an issue with makam.ly? Or question? There's some work being done on Turkish makam support and things have come a ways since.

best,
Adam Good
Adam:

I know were makam.ly is and that is the path I and I know about some work on a new makam.ly but thanks any way.

I am trying to understand how it works.     I have tried several things to see what happens and have learned a lot.  But I am not able to find thing like  makamGlyphs  and the assq that calls makamPitchNames. Or even ly:parser-set-note-names.

David Wright told me about $ grep -r makamGlyphs lilypond-2.21.0-1.linux-64/.    But I do not know how to use it or if it works in windows.

What I need is a way to search LilyPond to find the files that contain these type variables and procedures.

Thank you, ƒg