Re: italian list or forum

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Re: italian list or forum
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 12:34:13 +0200

Dear Federico and all,

    I'm interested to partecipate too! On choosing between a mailing list or a Google group, I have no particular preferences.

Thnak you!

    Luca

Il 21/05/20 11:37, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
This is a message for the italian users subscribed to this mailing list.
Some years ago I asked if anybody were interested in creating an italian mailing list. We were just three :-( so I gave up:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-12/msg00653.html

As I'm seeing more and more italians here (and also on Frescobaldi mailing list), I think it's the moment to create a new italian "community place".
Please let me know if you are interested.

What would you suggest to use?
Some options:

1. Mailing list on gnu.org (as this one)
Pro: supported by GNU project. We are confident the archive of messages will remain.
Con: no web interface; "old-fashioned" archive with poor usability.

2. Google group
Pro: can be used as a normal mailing list as well as a forum on the browser. Con: Google might dismiss it one day; I'm not fond of being logged in with a google account with my browser, so I would use it as a mailing list.

Other options?

I'm for 1.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ciao