Re: italian list or forum

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: italian list or forum
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 09:39:34 +0200

On 5/22/20, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you know how can I ask GNU to create a new mailing list?

LilyPond has currently four admins listed on Savannah:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/lilypond/
Han-Wen or David might be your best bet these days.

You can refer to this thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-12/msg00678.html

My advice would be to name your list lilypond-it like Paco did for the
Spanish-speaking list, rather than lilypond-user-fr which we’ve been
stuck with since forever. (I’m cc-ing him; maybe he’ll have more
insights for you.)

When your list gets created, of course you’ll need to update
Documentation/web/community.itexi, add an announcement to
web/news-new.itexi and a link to web/news-headlines.itexi so that it
appears on the front page.

In case you want to customize your mailing list’s HTML pages like I
did, here’s the templates I’ve made up (look at the source code):
http://valentin.villenave.net/upload/files/subscribe.html
http://valentin.villenave.net/upload/files/options.html
You can edit the templates for your list at
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/edithtml/lilypond-it (or whatever your
list’s name will be).

You may also want to edit some of the translated strings in the admin
interface; I found that many of these were a bit confusing; again you
can compare
with
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user-fr

Of course, you can also create a "forum" at Nabble afterwards, and add
the link to community.itexi (we have many, many inexperienced users
who use that for some reason; I never quite understood why).  In that
case, try to explain clearly to your new Nabble subscribers that they
actually need *two* subscriptions: one at Nabble, and one to the
actual mailing list.

Good luck!

Cheers,
-- V.