Re: Naming RFC: Properties, property sets, presets

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Naming RFC: Properties, property sets, presets
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:16:54 +1000

Hi Urs,

Great work. I have an issue with 'preset'. If you look at software
synths, for example, they can store and load 'presets' but these are
_all_ the parameters for a patch. I don't ever think the word preset
means a subset of a set of settings or properties.

As Fr. Samuel has said, the concept here is similar to the cascade in
CSS, a simple inheritance hierarchy.

So I would not choose 'preset'. But I have not had a coffee yet so I
can't think of the right name just now. Needs more thought Urs. Let me
reflect on it.

Andrew