Re: Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex

From: Claire Meyer
Subject: Re: Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 14:28:47 +0200

Aaaah, yes, so the problem I had all along which I bothered several people for was between my chair and my keyboard all along...

@Aaron, thank you very much for pointing that to me, I'm such a moron.
@Urs, thank you very much for your time and narrowing down the problem.

And sorry both for wasting your time with such a trivial problem T___T

Claire

On 2020-08-30 4:29 am, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2020-08-30 2:12 am, Claire Meyer wrote:
>> Those dynamics are all custom dynamic marks that I constructed like :
>>
>> mydyn = \tweak DynamicText.self-alignment-X #LEFT
>> #(make-dynamic-script
>> (markup
>> #:with-dimensions '(0 . 5) '(0 . 0) #:line
>> (#:normal-text #:italic "<whatever my dynamic mark says>")))
>
> Be careful using \withDimensions, especially when specifying extents
> that do not accurately represent the content.  In this case, you are
> telling LilyPond that the text has no vertical extent.

And by "\withDimensions" I of course meant "\with-dimensions" (or
"#:with-dimensions" as you are using the Scheme syntax).

> I would imagine the issue(s) stem from this.  I suggest allowing
> LilyPond to manage extents on its own, which would give it the
> information needed to properly crop.

-- Aaron Hill