Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex

From: Claire Meyer
Subject: Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 11:12:47 +0200

Hi all,

I'm integrating a score with latex via lyluatex. The .ly file is finished, and gives no error; the score produced looks good, and I'm at the step where I just integrate with latex, and touch up the things that need retouching. I insert system by system, and unfortunately, some dynamics are mostly cropped out :

image.png
The scribble between the two systems is a dynamic mark that applies to the lower system. I looked in the temporary files generated by lyluatex, and the pdfs are cropped in such a manner that all my higher-placed-within-the-system dynamics are mostly removed.

Those dynamics are all custom dynamic marks that I constructed like :

mydyn = \tweak DynamicText.self-alignment-X #LEFT
#(make-dynamic-script
(markup
#:with-dimensions '(0 . 5) '(0 . 0) #:line
(#:normal-text #:italic "<whatever my dynamic mark says>")))

They were badly placed with automatic placement (overlapping with the phrasing slurs, mostly), so I specified in my score for those dynamics that :

\new Dynamics \with {
\override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing =
#'((basic-distance . 6)
(minimum-distance . 5)
(padding . 3)
(stretchability . 6))
} { \dynamicsA }

Any idea how to solve that problem ? I tried to include everything relevant to not just code dump things here, but ask away if I forgot something.

Thanks,
Claire