Re: Very Simple question

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Very Simple question
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 11:49:47 -0500

Hi Leonid,

>> as a composer using the most advanced notation forms, and being disappointed
>> by inability of both Sibelius and Finale to meet my needs, I turned recently
>> to LilyPond and see that there is a real hope for me to typeset my old
>> scores still waiting since 1960-s. I have downloaded all manuals and feel
>> that there are some hidden smart tricks allowing most crazy notational
>> phenomena. But when I look into 2.8 Contemporary music section of Notation,
>> I see that most sub-chapters here are still empty. So my question to you -
>> how soon I and other users may expect the appearance of exhaustive covering
>> all kinds of notation like Stockhausen, early Penderecki, Lutoslawski e.a.?
>> Some isolated moments of it I see in Snippets, but it is far from enough for
>> me.

My recommendation:

1. Try to engrave your first piece.

2. If/when you run into problems doing something, ask the list for help.

3. If that help is worth turning into documentation, do so yourself —
alternatively, ask Someone Else™ to do so, and see if anyone does so.

4. Repeat the above steps until you finish engraving your first piece.

5. Repeat the above steps until you finish engraving all your pieces.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info