Re: grace, appoggiatura or acciaccatura? and at the beginning of the fir

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: grace, appoggiatura or acciaccatura? and at the beginning of the first measure?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:34:13 -0800

As for the double time signature problem, it is a known (and very
old!) issue with grace notes.  Click here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns

...and scroll down to "Known Issues and Warnings".  Basically, if you
have two staves, both need to have a grace note.  To suppress the
engraving of the other grace note, use:

/grace { s16 }

...or whatever the rhythmic time is.  The "s" is what's important.  It
stands for "spacer".

--
Knute Snortum

--