Re: enteredby header

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: enteredby header
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 20:45:00 +0100

Am Sa., 30. Jan. 2021 um 17:06 Uhr schrieb Kuredant <kuredant@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> The "enteredby" header field is mentioned in
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/snippets/titles#titles-demonstrating-all-headers.
>
> However, I can't find any reference to this field in the PDF output.
> Does anyone know how this field is used by LilyPond?

\header initiates a special module.
In general, one could assign whatever value to wharever key, like:

\header {
  foo = "FOO"
  bar = "BAR"
  buzz = "BUZZ"
}

Those values may be used by other code, p.e. \bookTitleMarkup or
page-headers/footers, etc.

I'm not aware "enteredby" is currently used by LilyPond, maybe mutopia
used it ... not sure, though.

Anyway, here an example with custom header settings and a
bookTitleMarkup looking at it.

myBookTitleMarkup =
  \markup
    \column {
      \large \bold
      \fill-line {
        \fromproperty #'header:foo
        \fromproperty #'header:bar
        \fromproperty #'header:buzz
      }
      \bold \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:enteredby }
    }

\paper {
  bookTitleMarkup = \myBookTitleMarkup
}

\header {
  foo = "FOO"
  bar = "BAR"
  buzz = "BUZZ"
  enteredby = "Harm"
}

{ R1 }

Cheers,
  Harm

P.S.
there's a typo in the linked snippet: metre should read meter, which
indeed is called by the default bookTitleMarkup.
Now corrected inside LSR
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=279