Re: Pitch value of previous note

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Pitch value of previous note
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 04:18:43 -0700

On 2021-04-30 3:39 am, David Sumbler wrote:
I want to be able to insert a note of the same pitch as the preceding
one.  I don't mind what form the pitch information is in, so long as I
can use it to create a new note. It could, for example, be in the form
"b,,", or something similar to "(-2, 6)" as used by ly:make-pitch.
 There may be other possibilities.

What about the existing pitch-repeating functionality in LilyPond?

%%%%
\version "2.22.0"

foo = { 4 4 }
{ b'2 \foo g' \foo }
%%%%

A duration without pitch is encoded as a NoteEvent with the pitch
property.  expand-repeat-notes! is the internal procedure that carries
over the most recent pitch.  So long as you insert these events early
enough, LilyPond should do the heavy lifting for you.

Sorry, that was meant to say: "*without* the pitch property".

-- Aaron Hill