Re: Tempo markings placement for trio music

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Tempo markings placement for trio music
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 20:21:33 +0200

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 19:55, Rachel Green <rg433n@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> For trios, I would like all the tempo markings to occur both above all parts (as seen above the flute in the example below) but also right above the harp part. When I add a tempo marking to the harp part, it places it above the flute part, but when I add a regular markup to the harp part, the placement is not correct (too far right). Any ideas how to have tempo markings in both locations without manually adjusting the placement of each markup in the harp part?

Hello,

Put a "Metronome_mark_engraver" in your Harp GrandSfaff and remove "Staff_collecting_engraver" from Score.
You might want to do the same with "Mark_engraver".
Actually this feature is documented for text marks in NR 1.8.1 Writing text > Text marks > Printing marks on every staff.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/writing-text.html#text-marks

You should update your LilyPond version (there used to be a bug when putting these engravers at "staff group" levels) and it's better to use the latest stable or unstable release.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver"