Behaviour of systemStartDelimiter

From: Timothy Lanfear
Subject: Behaviour of systemStartDelimiter
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 19:45:54 +0100

I would like a StaffGroup without any systemStartDelimiter -- staves grouped inside simultaneous music will not do because I would like a \with clause to modify the context plugins. Unsetting the systemStartDelimiter does the trick

\new StaffGroup \with { \unset systemStartDelimiter } <<
  \new Staff { c''1 }
  \new Staff { c''1 }

... but not when when nested inside another StaffGroup

\new StaffGroup <<
  \new Staff { c''1 }
  \new StaffGroup \with { \unset systemStartDelimiter } <<
    \new Staff { c''1 }
    \new Staff { c''1 }

Removing the System_start_delimiter_engraver solves the issue, but maybe there is something to improve here.

\new StaffGroup <<
  \new Staff { c''1 }
  \new StaffGroup \with { \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver } <<
    \new Staff { c''1 }
    \new Staff { c''1 }

--
Timothy Lanfear, Bristol, UK.