Re: Bottom-right-aligned, multi-line paragraphs within headings

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Re: Bottom-right-aligned, multi-line paragraphs within headings
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:42:34 +1000

Just resending this to the whole list.

Thanks for that Lukas. And yeah, I did notice a slight misalignment, but I think it's so minor that it won't matter. Unless there are any code wizards out there who can tweak it one last time...?

Brent.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 03:06, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Brent,

> This is marvellous, thank you! Just one question: if I wanted to
> remove the preceding zeros from the number, how would I do that?

Just omit the (not very elegant) code that I added in order to add the
preceding zeros. :-)

To wit, replace

           (markup (format #f
                           (string-append "~" (number->string digits)
",'0d")
                           n)))

by

           (number->string n))

I attach a complete version.

One problem with my code is the fine-tuning of the bottom-alignment of
the various \markup's: If you look closely, you see that LilyPond
doesn't use the baselines of the text lines, but the actual lowest point
of the markups: The lowest point of "Gottes Sohn ist kommen" (no
descenders) are aligned to the lowest point of the 'g' in 'long'. Not
ideal, but I don't know how to improve this.

Lukas