Re: Persian music package

From: Kees van den Doel
Subject: Re: Persian music package
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 10:26:28 -0700

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 2:29 AM Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd simply drop your overrides for Accidental.Y-extent and Accidental.X-extent.
Let the skylines do their job as already proposed by Jean.

I should have answered you first. That seems to solve everything! At least on the demo example, I'll start rerendering all my persian scores and hope for the best. Also nice to get rid of all those hardcoded offsets.

Jean: Ignore my previous email I think I misunderstood you and merged your two sample codes which was not intended I guess.

Furthermore I'd replace the override for Accidental.extra-offset by:
    \override Accidental.Y-offset =
      #(lambda (grob)
          (cdr
            (assoc-get
              (ly:grob-property grob 'alteration)
              persianStringsOffsets)))
Though, why do you use pairs in persianStringsOffsets? Iiuc, you only
use the cdr of each pair.

Not sure I understand.  persianStringsOffsets is an assoc table with car the key and cdr the pair to use?
My Scheme is a bit rusty, I once wrote a Scheme interpreter in Scheme but that was 30 years ago.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Kees

Cheers,