Re: Persian music package

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Persian music package
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 18:18:04 +0200

Am Di., 3. Aug. 2021 um 17:03 Uhr schrieb Kees van den Doel <kvdoel@gmail.com>:

> Looks good. For testing just compare output as gotten from my package with
> old LP version. I haven't run all regression on the new persian.ly (that
> works with current LP version) yet.

Ok, then you may be interested in the attached .zip.
There I made accidentals from the Bravura-font work.
It's all compilable with 2.22.0
Nevertheless, you will need to review/convert your old files, since
2.12. a lot happened.

> It's actually quite simple: everything is the same except for 2 new
> accidentals Koron and Sori which affect pitch as documented. The -v suffix
> affects only MIDI and could be dropped, was more of an experiment.
> It seemed I could not add  these extra accidentals (and their pitch in MIDI)
> but had to redefine all accidentals.
> Ugly but it has worked fine for over a decade.
>
> Proper integration with LP would be better but hasn't happened.

The only thing which prevents us from doing so is indeed the absence
of accidental-glyphs for Sori and Koron.
I was going to write a bug-report, before I noticed we already have one:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/738
And the there attached .zip contains already your persian.ly  lol

Cheers,
  Harm