Re: Midi Instrument: change?

From: jh
Subject: Re: Midi Instrument: change?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 14:15:40 -0600

   1. Midi Instrument: change? (JxStarks)
   2. Re: Midi Instrument: change? (Guy Stalnaker)
GuyS
I too wanted to know how to do this. Since I have limited experience with the latest versions of lilypond due to total confusion of the new syntax's. I did find this example you linked to and provided, before this question came to the newsletter.. However without a minimal example (which I did not find so if it's available somewhere a link would be fine). So I'm pathetic but I could not see how this works.

See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/midi-channel-mapping

Where the method is shown. Basically, you put the instrument into the Voice context:

%%% Code

  \midi {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \remove "Staff_performer"
    }
    \context {
      \Voice
      \consists "Staff_performer"
    }

%%% Code

You'll see how it works. I do this all the time.

Regards,

GuyS