Misunderstanding \footnote

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Misunderstanding \footnote
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 21:33:46 -0400

I am once again dipping my foot in the shallow end of the LilyPond.

I added a footnote to the title. It puts the superscript "*" at the end, but then the footnote never appears anywhere.  What am I missing? (This isn't for a book or anything fancy like that. And, initially I tried it without \concat as just a single very long line, to the same effect.)

\header {
  title = \markup {
    "The Song of the Heather"
    \footnote "*" \concat {
      "* This song has been translated by the leading Irish,"
      " Scotch Gaelic, Manx, Welsh, Breton, and Cornish poets"
      " into their native languages for singing in each Celtic"
      " country and at Pan-Celtic Festivals."

\score {