Re: Adding a quote to lyrics

From: Kira Garvie
Subject: Re: Adding a quote to lyrics
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 05:32:36 -0400

Thank you Aaron!!

(Anyone who types “blessèd” that much probably works in a similar line of work to me - that word sounds funny to me with just one syllable now! I am a church organist/ music director.)!
On 2021-09-11 5:32 pm, Kira Garvie wrote:
> Following up on this question from thursday, how do I insert the curly
> quotes? I copied them from your email but would like to know how to do
> them
> myself!

If you are running Windows, you hold down ALT, type a series of numbers
on the numpad, and then release ALT to input the specified character.
For instance, here are the codes for double quotation marks:

ALT+0147 → “ (Left double quotation mark)
ALT+0148 → ” (Right double quotation mark)

There are tables of codes online, but you can also use the Character Map
(charmap.exe) program.  Find and select a character, and the status bar
will list its Alt+Numpad code if supported.  Keep a cheat sheet nearby
with the ones you use most often; though it should not take long before
muscle memory takes over.  In my work, I type "blessèd" enough that I
have ALT+0232 memorized.

-- Aaron Hill