Re: Removing dynamics from PartCombined staff

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Removing dynamics from PartCombined staff
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 01:23:54 +0000

From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Peter Toye <lilypond@ptoye.com>
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 9:03 AM
To: Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca>

Hello Kieren,

One solution (possibly the easiest to implement) would be to have a PartCombine version which combines only notes, and nothing else.

I think I'm just going to write a separate piano part.  Or leave it out completely and rely on the pianist's ability to read four staves. Quite a lot of a capella music is published that way.

You could also write music expressions that just have the notes, and then have parallel dynamics on spacers that are used with the combined notes.  Separate dynamics for each part and for the piano.

Carl