Re: Key Signature Change beyond the end of a movement.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Key Signature Change beyond the end of a movement.
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 16:20:44 +0000

On Sun, 2022-02-06 at 00:15 +0900, Masaki, Akikazu wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> The last spacer is not necessary, but staff lines don't reach
> trailing
> key or time signatures by default.  (I guess you tried that.)

yes, that's the purpose of the spacer.

> Set StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols property;
> %%%%%%%%
> \version "2.22.0"
> \layout {
>    \context {
>      \Staff
>      \override StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols = #'()
>      % \override StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols = #'(key-signature)
> %% a bit different result
>    }
> }
> \markup { Movement I }
> {
>    c'' c'' c'' c''
>    c''  c''
>    \bar "|." \key bes \major }
> %%%%%%%%

Thank you for this insight. I worry what else altering this value might
change, but can find no reference to break-align-symbols, a search on
lilypond.org gives just one hit for
break-align-symbol (not symbols) - namely

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/doublepercentrepeat

which lead me to

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/break_002dalignment_002dinterface

which still doesn't mention a property break-align-symbols ...

I'm guessing setting this must impact something else, as otherwise the
present default just leads to the rather unusual typesetting for the
trailing key change.

Richard