Re: Key Signature Change beyond the end of a movement.

From: Masaki, Akikazu
Subject: Re: Key Signature Change beyond the end of a movement.
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 02:52:25 +0900

break-align-symbols is mentioned in 2.20.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/staffsymbol
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/staff_002dsymbol_002dinterface

As you say, it should be altered with considering other effects.

On 2022/02/06 1:20, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sun, 2022-02-06 at 00:15 +0900, Masaki, Akikazu wrote:
Hi Richard,

The last spacer is not necessary, but staff lines don't reach
trailing
key or time signatures by default.  (I guess you tried that.)

yes, that's the purpose of the spacer.

Set StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols property;
%%%%%%%%
\version "2.22.0"
\layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \override StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols = #'()
      % \override StaffSymbol.break-align-symbols = #'(key-signature)
%% a bit different result
\markup { Movement I }
{
    c'' c'' c'' c''
    c''  c''
    \bar "|." \key bes \major }
%%%%%%%%

Thank you for this insight. I worry what else altering this value might
change, but can find no reference to break-align-symbols, a search on
lilypond.org gives just one hit for
break-align-symbol (not symbols) - namely

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/doublepercentrepeat

which lead me to

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/break_002dalignment_002dinterface

which still doesn't mention a property break-align-symbols ...

I'm guessing setting this must impact something else, as otherwise the
present default just leads to the rather unusual typesetting for the
trailing key change.

Richard

Akikazu