Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?

From: Jean-Julien Fleck
Subject: Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 08:47:34 +0100

Hello Alasdair,

Le mer. 9 févr. 2022 à 08:24, Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com> a écrit :

The one thing I don't know how to do is to declare the relative pitch
globally.  Thus, each music variable looks like

movement1_part1 = \new Voice \relative c'' { notes, notes, and more notes }

The difficulty is that I want to re-set the second part for a bass
instrument, so it might start off as

movement1_part2 = \new Voice \relative c { notes, notes, and more notes }

Perhaps you could use \transpose like

\transpose c'' c {
\movement1_part2
}

to get what you want without changing your initial variables ?

Hope I don't misunderstood the point.

JJ Fleck
Physique et Informatique
PCSI1 Lycée Kléber