Re: Concatenating LilyPond scores with different staff sizes.

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Concatenating LilyPond scores with different staff sizes.
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:32:37 +0100

Le 09/02/2022 à 17:42, Abraham Lee a écrit :
 In my own experimentation, there's no convenient way to get what you want in the same output file. The last call to set-global-staff-size affects the current \book. You can then re-call the command if you explicitly callout another \book after that, but that generates a separate output file for each \book block. I'm not sure why this doesn't work within the same \book.

You will find the same behavior with output definitions:

\version "2.22.1"

\score { { 4 } }
\paper { indent = 0 }
\score { { 4 } }

vs.

\version "2.22.1"

\book { { 4 } }
\paper { indent = 0 }
\book { { 4 } }

The reason is that the chunks LilyPond processes are \book blocks.
Once a complete \book is found, it gets output. On the other hand,
\score blocks are not independent with respect to page breaking,
so they are first all collected in a \book, and only then this
book is processed.

The solution here should really be using layout-set-staff-size.
The problems affecting it are tracked in
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6054

Sorry not to have the bandwidth to dig more.

Best,
Jean