Re: About cross-staff beaming in voiceTwo

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: About cross-staff beaming in voiceTwo
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:47:09 +0100

Hello,

usually it is nice if you give us some Lilypond code of what you’re doing. In
this case the problem is that \voiceTwo forces the stem to go down. You want
to have the voice to behave like voice one in the bottom staff, so you need to
do \voiceOne with the change.

See this for an example:

<<
  \new Staff = "r" { \voiceTwo cis''16*2/3[ \change Staff = "l" cis'' \change
Staff = "r" cis''] }
  \new Staff = "l" s1

<<
  \new Staff = "r" { \voiceTwo cis''16*2/3[ \change Staff = "l" \voiceOne cis''
\change Staff = "r" \voiceTwo cis''] }
  \new Staff = "l" s1

Cheers,
Valentin