Re: Mac Monterey 12.3 and Lilypond 2.2.2

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Mac Monterey 12.3 and Lilypond 2.2.2
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:49:41 +0100

> On 17 Mar 2022, at 21:04, Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user discussion
> <lilypond-user@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Am Donnerstag, dem 17.03.2022 um 19:48 +0000 schrieb Michael T Abrams:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
>> Seems confusing to me that the gitlab 64 bit version of lilypond
>> 2.2.2 might not work in Mac OS Monterey 12.3?
>
> There is no 64 bit version of LilyPond 2.22.2 for macOS.

There is of course the 64-bit macports (https://www.macports.org/install.php)
version of lilypond 2.22.2
It has ports for the Apple silicon systems (aarch64) as well as intel systems
(x86_64):
https://ports.macports.org/port/lilypond/builds/?builder_name__name=12_arm64&builder_name__name=12_x86_64

Which appears to work fine on my M1 MacBook Pro (only just started using it; I
used the intel-builds of MacPorts for Big Sur on my previous intel-based
MacBook Pro and still use those on a Mac Pro 2013 that I still need to upgrade
to Monterey some day)

The ‘quick install’ steps would be:
- install Xcode including commandine tools (see macports install page for
details)
- Install MacPorts package (see macports install page for details)
- on the terminal: sudo port install lilypond

Kind regards,
Hans