Re: Lilypond-book

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 19:49:25 +0100

Hi Jean,

thank you very much for wanting to take a look at it. Attached is the .log file.

Regards,
Martín.

On mar. 16 2022, at 8:42 pm, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 16/03/2022 à 11:18, Martín Rincón Botero a écrit :
> Dear community,
>
> so that I have any idea on where to look and maybe give more useful
> information, I got this warning (that should be an error, because the
> pdf output is useless) when using lilypond-book after upgrading to
> Lilypond 2.22.1 (it used to work perfectly before) on Ubuntu
> 20.04: lilypond-book: warning: cannot detect textwidth from LaTeX.
> After googling I've seen some people who run into this problem when
> using Xetex, but I'm using PdfLatex, so their solutions obviously
> don't work in my case. What could be causing this problem?

Can you compile a file made of your LaTeX preamble to which you append

\begin{document}
\typeout{textwidth=\the\textwidth}
\typeout{columnsep=\the\columnsep}
\makeatletter\if@twocolumn\typeout{columns=2}\fi\makeatother