Re: Lilypond-book

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:10:40 +0100

Dear Jean,

thank you very much for your time and patience! If that's the only solution, I'll try installing the/this last "unstable" version in the near future.

Regards,
Martín.

On mar. 20 2022, at 9:33 pm, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 20/03/2022 à 20:34, Martín Rincón Botero a écrit :
> Hi Jean,
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 20.04. It seems the printing code that we added to
> book_latex.py is returning an empty string. Here's the new logging
> output of lilypond-book:
>
> lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.22.1
> Reading `/home/martin/Escritorio/newfile1.tex'
> Running `pdflatex' on file `/tmp/tmp0i00kf9b.tex' to detect default
> page settings.
>
> lilypond-book: warning: Unable to auto-detect default settings:
> pdflatex: /home/martin/lilypond/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version
> `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by pdflatex)
> pdflatex: /home/martin/lilypond/usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version
> information available (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)
> pdflatex: /home/martin/lilypond/usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version
> information available (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)

Aaah, *that* is the interesting piece of information from the
start. But -- OMG, I can reproduce it on my own installation.
I hadn't even imaged it would be broken for me. Is lilypond-book
actually working for anyone on Linux??

At any rate, it seems like it's an issue with the way the
lilypond-book shell wrapper created by GUB sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
I have no time to investigate what it should do, but the problem
should go away by installing LilyPond 2.23.6 from
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/release%252F2.23.6-1
since the new infrastructure creating binaries no longer
does that. For me, that works.

Jean