Re: Problem rendering all scores

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Problem rendering all scores
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:19:59 -0700

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 08:36:45PM +0000, James.Correa wrote:
>    Hi everybody,
>    I start to have this problem with lilypond after an update to
>    python 3.8 , I am on Manjaro KDE.
>    Every time I try to engrave a score I got this message:
>
>    Starting lilypond 2.23.5 [Kintsugi-James-Correa.ly]...
>
>    /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: error while loading shared
>    libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>    directory
>
>    Exited with return code 127.
>
>    I have no idea what is it or how to fix, can someone help?
[...]

This problem does not seem related to lilypond itself. This may help:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/apg-error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libcrypt-so-1/104352/4

If that doesn't help, you may need to install a newer version of
lilypond from the Manjaro archives, that is built against a newer
version of libcrypt.so.1.

The underlying problem is that your Python upgrade also replaced/removed
a system library (libcrypt.so.1); so either you need to reinstall this
library, or you need a newer build of lilypond that doesn't depend on
this library (it presumably depends on the newer library).

Let's eat some disquits while we format the biskettes.