Re: Feature request: Fix cascading error messages

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Feature request: Fix cascading error messages
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 13:06:07 +0200

Ah, mea culpa.

www.martinrinconbotero.com

On Mar 29, 2022 at 12:58 PM, <David Kastrup> wrote:

Martín Rincón Botero <martinrinconbotero@gmail.com> writes:

>>  Since TeX is predominantly employed for compiling LaTeX sources, that
>>  speaks more about the LaTeX implementation than TeX itself.
>
>  Because I'm under the impression that Lilypond is more similar to
> LaTeX than to TeX,

It totally isn't, neither in concept nor in execution.  In my book, it
would benefit from a layer trying to abstract content and design in a
manner like LaTeX does, but LilyPond in common use does not have any
such layer or architecture as it stands.  It's essentially employed like
plain TeX, explicitly cranking out stuff with thin individual
user-convenience layers on top.  We don't have the equivalence of
document classes, and no coherent system of what amounts to LaTeX's
package system.

--
David Kastrup