Re: bug in magnetic snapping lyrics engraver

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: bug in magnetic snapping lyrics engraver
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:23:13 -0400

Hi Jean,

> To be honest, I don't know why the snippet is so complicated.

Perhaps a corollary to Clarke's Law?
“Every sufficiently primitive technology is indistinguishable from garbage.”  ;)
[No offence to the wonderful coders who wrote the existing snippet! Just a
funny observation re: Clarke.]

> I'd just have done:

I was the main squeaky wheel for whom this grease was originally created.
I'll test out your version and see if it solves all the use-cases I had/have.

Cheers,
Kieren.