Re: bug in magnetic snapping lyrics engraver

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: bug in magnetic snapping lyrics engraver
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 09:44:56 +0000 (UTC)

>> Did I miss something?
>
> Whoops, big problem at line breaks ...

This is ingenious :-) Thanks *a lot* for this solution.  In my tests
it seems to work fine.

Two comments.

* I *strongly* vote for polishing and documenting this so that it can
  be added to LilyPond.  It's an invaluable feature IMHO, greatly
  enhancing Lyrics.

* You have redefined the `LyricHyphen` stencil.  AFAICS, this change
  could be directly integrated into `ly:lyric-hyphen::print`, right?
  Doing so would allow users to change the stencil by themselves if
  necessary.  Otherwise I vote for introducing a property
  `hyphen-formatter` for this job.

    Werner