Alternate Notation Fonts

From: josh
Subject: Alternate Notation Fonts
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 12:34:33 -0400

I am having difficulty using alternative fonts. I believe that I have followed the fonts documentation correctly however I am not seeing results.

I am trying to use the available "profondo" and "improviso" fonts. I am using version 2.22.1 and I have all of the files correctly installed to the "LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\fonts\otf" folder. I use the #(ly:font-config-add-directory "path/to/directory/") command for the FontConfig for Lilypond to recognize the fonts and I have used the #(ly:font-config-display-fonts) command to verify that it is recognized. All seems good there. I use the following command to call the fonts into the document:

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "ansi a")
  #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:music "profondo"
      #:brace "profondo"
      #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
      ))

I was switching between fonts to see which one I prefer but I am not seeing any change. What step am I missing?