Re: [Frescobaldi] Problems with Frescobaldi and LilyPond

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Problems with Frescobaldi and LilyPond
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 07:54:25 -0700

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 3:31 AM Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess I would have gone the other way and renamed the user rpalmer again... (The following may not be the BEST way to do it but gets the job done.)

sudo -i
for x in group* gshadow* passwd* shadow* subgid* subuid*
do
   perl -p -i -e "s/ralph/rpalmer/g;" $x
done
mv /home/ralph /home/rpalmer
exit
That finds "ralph" in all of the login-related files and changes the string to "rpalmner", then as a final step (the most critical to you) it renames your home directory back to rpalmer.

Thanks to all who have participated in this thread! After much anguish, a major restart, and following Kevin Cole's advice, I'm now successfully running LilyPond 2.23.6 and Frescobaldi 3.2. I think I'll wait awhile before upgrading to LilyPond 2.23.9. Whew!

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer